MINUTES OF NIOC’S 31th ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
The NIOC 31st Advisory Board Meeting was held on Monday 23 May 2022 through Zoom link. The following AB Members participated: Tariq Parvez, Zahid Hussain, Samina Ahmed and Jawaid Akhtar. Zubair Habib could not attend due to his visit to the US.
The following represented the NIOC Directorate: Tariq Khosa, Sarmad Saeed, Kashif Noon, Ammar Jaffri, Vaqas Ali, Nawaz Nadeem, and Hassan Sardar.
The following matters came under discussion:
1) An Updated UNTOC Review by the NIOC team was presented. First draft response to UNTOC articles under Cluster-1 has been completed. It will be shared with GOP National Focal Person with representatives of the departments concerned.
2) NIOC has put together a strategy for engagement with civil society from 1 June 2022. Sarmad, Saroop, Kashif and Vaqas will steer the process of consultations.
3) NIOC-CGR was invited by the UNODC Civil Society Unit in Vienna to make a formal statement on behalf of the civil society during UNTOC Constructive Dialogues on Firearms on 6 May and on International Cooperation and Technical Assistance on 27 May 2022. Director NIOC made the statements accordingly.
4) NIOC-CGR will prepare two policy briefs on police reforms and OC in June 2022 under the supervision of Tariq Khosa and Tariq Parvez.
5) A monthly roundtable on transnational organized crimes and criminal justice issues will be a regular feature from June 2022.
6) A concept note on the annual crime congress in collaboration with NPB/NPA/Nacta will be planned later this year.