MINUTES OF NIOC’S 34th ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
The 34th Advisory Board Meeting of NIOC was held on Monday 29 August at 1500 hrs. The following Board Members participated: Tariq Parvez, Zahid Hussain, Samina Ahmed, Zubair Habib and Jawaid Akhtar. NIOC directorate was represented by the following: Tariq Khosa, Sarmad Saeed, Kaleem Imam, Kashif Noon, Saroop Ijaz, Ammar Jaffri, Azam Khan, Nawaz Nadeem, Hassan Sardar and intern Mehwish Aziz. The following participated on special invitation: Ehsan Sadiq, National Focal Point on UNTOC Review and Barrister Umar Khan of the Centre for Human Rights.
The following agenda items were discussed:
1) Pakistan UNTOC Review Scoping Meeting was held virtually on 24 August 2022, participated by representatives of CSOs and Experts, including those from UNODC Civil Society Unit and Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime in Vienna.
2) The Report of the Scoping Meeting will be jointly prepared and released by CGR-NIOC and UNODC CSU for consideration by different stakeholders involved in the Review Process.
3) Formal Launch of Pakistan UNTOC Review Pilot Initiative will take place in Islamabad on 15 September 2022.
4) The launch event will be for both in-person and virtual participation. An organization committee headed by Sarmad Saeed will start preparations immediately.
5) Draft Policy Brief on Trafficking in Persons has been prepared by NIOC Consultant Dr Syed Kaleem Imam. It will be released by 7 September.
6) Policy Brief on Counter Terrorism will be prepared by Mr. Tariq Parvez, NIOC AB President and will be ready for release by 14 September.
7) Policy Brief on Police Reforms will be jointly prepared by Sarmad Saeed, Deputy Director NIOC and Dr Syed Kaleem Imam, NIOC Consultant.